Effective: July 3, 2020
Your privacy is critically important to us. At SlidesUp we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don't ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can't stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don't share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don't store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact us at email@example.com.
Kunal Bhatia (DBA "SlidesUp") operates SlidesUp.com. It is SlidesUp's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites as a data controller.
Information We Collect and Receive
SlidesUp may collect and receive the following types of data:
- Name. SlidesUp collects your name during registration for an event organizer or when an event organizer is onboarding other users to their event, like attendees and speakers.
- Email. To create an account, SlidesUp collects your email address. We may also collect email addresses tied to your social login providers, such as Google, Twitter, and Facebook if you choose to link your account.
- Other Personal Data. When creating profiles in SlidesUp, we may collect other Personal Data, such as your profile picture, title, organization, etc. We may also collect information from social login providers with your authorization, such as your username and basic profile information.
- Cookies. Cookies are text files stored on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently and remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, facilitating online advertising, and measuring the effectiveness of our ads.
- Device Data. Device data includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city or town.
- Usage Data. Usage data includes the website you visited before browsing to SlidesUp, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Payment Data. If you are a customer of SlidesUp, we collect billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
SlidesUp collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with SlidesUp.
How We Use Your Information
SlidesUp uses your information for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain and improve SlidesUp's Service, Websites and business. This includes use of information to support delivery of the Service, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We look at usage data from all customers and users in many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a SlidesUp user. From time to time, SlidesUp may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
- To communicate with you by email or in-product messaging. We may send you service and administrative emails, such as when you are nearing the end of your free trial, changes in our services, our service offerings, and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to SlidesUp users about new product features or other news about SlidesUp. You can opt-out of these at any time. We may also use usage data to provide suggestions to you through in-product messaging tools.
- To provide customer support. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse. We work hard to keep SlidesUp secure and to prevent abuse and fraud. SlidesUp will, within 72 hours, notify you in writing upon verification of a security breach of the SlidesUp service that affects your data. Notification will describe the breach, the status of our investigation, and what steps, if any, you are advised to take.
- To complete transactions. We use your payment data to complete transactions, as well as for the detection and prevention of fraud.
- With your consent. We may share Personal Data about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, with your permission we may publish and display testimonials or featured customer stories on our Website, including names and profile photo of representatives of our customers alongside the testimonial.
Except as described in this Policy, SlidesUp will not give, sell, rent, or loan any Personal Information to any third party.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
SlidesUp discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on SlidesUp's behalf or to provide services available at SlidesUp's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using SlidesUp's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
SlidesUp will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, SlidesUp discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when SlidesUp believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of SlidesUp, third parties or the public at large.
Local storage is data that a website stores on a visitor’s computer or device, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. If you prevent SlidesUp's access to local storage, SlidesUp may not function properly.
Our Third-Party Services and Subprocessors
SlidesUp relies on a number of third-party software services and subprocessors to help us provide better service to our customers. This section describes providers we integrate with. This list is not meant to be exhaustive and is included here for illustrative purposes. As the SlidesUp product improves and technologies change, we may integrate with different or additional providers. If you have questions or would like more details about how your data is stored and shared, please contact us.
- Drift: Drift allows us to communicate with our prospects and customers through our Website and the SlidesUp app.
- Segment: Segment collects and routes our customer data to the appropriate subprocessors.
- Amplitude: We use Amplitude to store and analyze our product and usage data.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics also stores and analyzes our product and usage data.
- FullStory: We use Fullstory to look at session replays to help us understand user experience and support issues to improve our product. You may opt-out out of being tracked by FullStory by visiting this link.
- Stripe: Stripe is used as our payment processor so that we do not store your payment information on our platform.
- Google Cloud Platform: We use the Google Cloud Platform to host our application and backend.
- Amazon Web Services: Amazon Web Services provides us Simple Email Services (SES) to email our users.
SlidesUp will only retain your Personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Children's Personal Information
SlidesUp does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through our Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s internet usage and to help enforce our Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information on our Service without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to SlidesUp through our Service, please contact us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information from our databases.
European Union (EU) Individuals
We’re committed to helping all SlidesUp customers and users understand, and where applicable, comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). SlidesUp extends the rights granted to "data subjects" under GDPR to all of its Users. If you have any questions about your rights under the GDPR as a User or how SlidesUp can help you with compliance as a Customer, we hope you’ll reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org first so we can better assist you.
Subject to EU data protection law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right Of Access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right To Rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right To Erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will alert them to the need for erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right To Restrict Processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right To Data Portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you where we process that Personal Data in an automated way. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right To Object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- ~If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- ~If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing (you can always object using the unsubscribe link in our marketing communications).
- Right To Withdraw Consent: If you have consented to our use of your Personal Data for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
- Right To Make A Complaint With The Data Protection Authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
Please see the “How to Contact Us” section below for information on how to exercise your rights.
This section provides additional details about the Personal Information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
For more details about the Personal Information we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see the "Information We Collect And Receive" section above. We generally do not collect education-related or biometric information, or inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes.
We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the "How We Use Information" section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the "Our Third-Party Services and Subprocessors" section above.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their Personal Information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
- Right to Know: You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months, including:
- ~The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- ~The categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information;
- ~The business and commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling the Personal Information;
- ~The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information;
- ~Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose and, if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Right of Access: You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Right to Delete: You can ask us to delete the Personal Information we have collected from you. We may be required or permitted by law to deny your request.
- Opt-out of Sales: If we sell your Personal Information, you can opt-out of such sales in the future. In addition, if you direct us not to sell your Personal Information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your Personal Information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Nondiscrimination: You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as denying you services; increasing the price/rate of services; decreasing service quality; or suggesting that we may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights.
How to Exercise Your California Privacy Rights
You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
- Right to information, access and deletion: California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Right to opt-out of the "sale" of your Personal Information. We do not sell your Personal Information in the conventional sense (i.e., for money).
However, California law broadly defines “sale” in a way that may include using advertising services to deliver targeted advertising to you. As such, our use of these services may constitute a “sale” (as defined by California law). You have the right to direct us not to “sell” your Personal Information.
You may also consider:
- Blocking cookies on your browser. Most browsers let you remove, reject, or delete cookies. For more information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking mobile device settings. Use your mobile device settings to limit use of the adversiting ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our site from setting cookies used for interest-based advertising by using a browser with privacy, or installing browser plug-ins and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Platform Opt-Outs. Some advertising partners offer opt-out features:
- ~Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- ~Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use the opt-out options provided by these industry organizations:
- ~Digital Advertising Alliance: https://optout.aboutads.info
- ~Network Advertising Initiative: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/
We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
If SlidesUp, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that SlidesUp goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of SlidesUp may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How to Contact Us
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via our mailing address below:
131 Dartmouth Street
Boston, MA 02116